• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sheppey this week-end (1 Viewer)

paulwfromtheden

I'm off for a trip to Sheppey on Saturday and apart from taking in Elmley Marshes, I want to go down to the ferry and take in the waders that I have heard are very abundant there. High tide is at 13:00, and I will be getting there at abou 10:00, is this good timing?
Also, I will be on my bike, is it possible to get across the marshes without having to stick to the main roads?
Cheers

paulwfromtheden said:
I'm off for a trip to Sheppey on Saturday and apart from taking in Elmley Marshes, I want to go down to the ferry and take in the waders that I have heard are very abundant there. High tide is at 13:00, and I will be getting there at abou 10:00, is this good timing?
Also, I will be on my bike, is it possible to get across the marshes without having to stick to the main roads?
Cheers
Timing sounds good to me. As for the roads there really are no choices and, for example, the road down to Harty Ferry is not much more than a lane.

If you are at Harty at 10:00 look out for the guy with the Leica scope on the other side of the Swale at Oare - it could be me ;)

Have a good day :t:

robinm said:
Timing sounds good to me. As for the roads there really are no choices and, for example, the road down to Harty Ferry is not much more than a lane.

If you are at Harty at 10:00 look out for the guy with the Leica scope on the other side of the Swale at Oare - it could be me ;)

Have a good day :t:

Will do Robin. There's a pub there isn't there at Harty Ferry? Do you know if it does food?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back