• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sharm El Sheikh in March (1 Viewer)

ChrisA

Birding the Lincolnshire wastelands
I will be staying in the north end of Sharm for 2 weeks in late March - can anyone give my any info. I've heard March is a good time to visit as there should be a few migrants passing through. I have read a few trip reports & Ras Mohammed & St Katherine's Monastery both seem like places that I'm definitely going to need to visit. Am looking for any other places worth checking out (especially those close by as its supposed to be a family holiday).

many thanks

Chris

Last edited:
I will be back in Sharm after a trip to micronesia after the 25th of March.I would recommend also Nabq national park , the sewage treatment pools behind naama , as well as Maratim golf course and Delta sharm housing area.I can if you wish give some reliable numbers for Taxi drivers here if people want to do some stuff.

Hi Doozer,

Thanks for the info on sites and I would certainly appreciate some reliable numbers for taxi drivers - if you could send me a message with details that would be great. Reading trip reports it seems the best way to get around to various sites is by taxi. This will be my 1st trip to Egypt (flying out there on the 20th March) so I'm hoping that I've picked a good time to go with a few migrants already passing through.

regards

Chris

Taxi in Sharm

I will be back in Sharm after a trip to micronesia after the 25th of March.I would recommend also Nabq national park , the sewage treatment pools behind naama , as well as Maratim golf course and Delta sharm housing area.I can if you wish give some reliable numbers for Taxi drivers here if people want to do some stuff.

Please send me also some reliable Taxi driver phone numbers. I shall be in Sharm on March 20th.

thanks and best regards

Fritz

me too please - heading off on monday but only getting to sharm on 17th (cairo then nile cruise first). Is cycling between the sites early morning an option, or are the roads really impossible/too dangerous to cycle on ?

Unfortunately Doozer hasn't got yet back to me with any reliable taxi driver numbers.

I also arrive in Sharm on March 20th

Here's hoping spring migration is well under way when we get there!

regards

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back