• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Serra da Canastra NP - any recommendations? (2 Viewers)

Fritz73

Wat mutt, dat mutt!
Staff member
Supporter
Argentina
Hi,

I plan to be at Serra da Canastra NP in April.

Can you give any recommendations for this park?

Hi Fritz73.

I live about 3h away from Serra da Canastra NP and love to watch the nature there. The most obvious recommendation in terms of birds is the rare Brazilian Merganser.

There are other species of interest, and many are described in John van der Woude's Web site. Are you coming with a Brazilian birdwatching guide? I'm not a guide, but I could recommend one or two guides that know the region and its birds very well. If I'm not at work by the time you come, I'd be glad to meet you guys there for some birding :t:

Let me know if you have any particular questions and I'll try to help you.

Hi Barantes

I'm going to Serra da Canastra next July. If you will recommend a birding guide, I'd be very thankfull.

Best wishes
Mads

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back