• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Serial number help (1 Viewer)

Mitch56

United States
Hi all !!! I have a pair of Leitz Wetzlar binoculars, wondering if anyone can help with info. Black rectangle brand. Right ocular - Germany 695225. Left ocular - 122 m / 1000 m Trinovid thank you for any help !!!

Hi all !!! I have a pair of Leitz Wetzlar binoculars, wondering if anyone can help with info. Black rectangle brand. Right ocular - Germany 695225. Left ocular - 122 m / 1000 m Trinovid thank you for any help !!!
There is a public list with the serial numbers of Zeiss binos, but I believe there is no such list for Leica/Leitz binos (btw, you should have posted your question in the Leica sub-forum). Have a look at the list and table in the following BF post to get some info:
Leitz binoculars

Wondering when made, I'm guessing '67 or so? There appears to be some alignment issue, and some what appears to be fungus or mold spots on prizms? Can they be repaired? Are they worth repairing? Mechanical speaking they seem quite good. Smooth focus and ocular adjustment. Where might I inquire about them? Thank you all for time....

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back