• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seaforth, Crosby and South Sefton (1 Viewer)

Chris Galvin

About three years ago I started the Another Place blog with the URL of www.crosbybirding.blogspot.com. It proved to be quite popular and my aim was to provide information about the area and encourage people to contribute to it. At its inception I tried to create a blog with a little bit of irreverent humour, not quite Tom McKinney but a blog that did not take itself too seroiusly. It later became a dry humourless list of sightings from South Sefton and increasingly further afar including Moore.

Those of you who followed the blog can't fail to notice that it has been deleted, not closed down but still viewable but deleted so that it cannot be viewed. I did not delete it but it was closed down by another of the team members.

Writing a blog can be quite an onerous job when trying to balance a hectic, work, family, social & birding life. So perhaps starting a thread in a place BirdForum is a better idea. This way there can be a broader exchange of views & sightings from those who visit and bird the above area and would like to contribute.

So there it is! I am flying a kite to see if there is any interest from BF members who cover the above area to contribute and submit their sightings.

Steve Young is probs the only person I can think of who spends a fair bit of time there, supposedly. Is he a member on here?

I think the strange access arrangements for Seaforth are a turn-off for most birders. An umbrella type thread like 'Merseyside birding' may be better but most sites tend to fall under the Lancs birding and Cheshire birding threads anyway so there just may not be enough left for a true regional thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back