• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seafield to Kinghorn (2 Viewers)

Spring has felt like it has been happening in slow motion this year, but it is gradually unravelling. At the loch area, since my last post, highlights have been Red-legged Partridge and a migrant Wheatear. On the water itself, a Red-breasted Merganser has again turned up. The tagged (LYU) female Mute Swan, who bred here between 2014 and 2021 turned up, but was chased off by the present resident male. I did wonder if going by the amount of aggression shown, whether LYU might be its mother-in-law!
Along the coastal strip, a second Lesser Whitethroat has moved in; this one near Seafield Cave. Out on the firth, there has been a large Common Scoter presence, but despite multiple long range photos, I've not been able to sort out a Velvet amongst them. A few Long-tailed Duck are still present, and a half dozen Wigeon made an appearance. Sandwich Terns now showing up in numbers.
Last night, a Grasshopper Warbler was reported on the Fife network as being near Seafield Tower. I headed down there first thing this morning, and was able to find the bird (see photo) in almost the exact same location that I found my only other one from the patch a few years ago. Another year first in Common Whitethroat also present this morning.

Attachments

• DSCN7076.jpg
    DSCN7076.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back