• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandhill Crane nest (1 Viewer)

Jesster

United States
Hi everyone,

Full disclosure, I'm not really much of a birder personally, but it just so happens that a couple of Sandhill Cranes built a nest in the wetland behind our house and have a couple eggs that should be due to hatch any day now, so we thought we'd point a security camera at them and stream it on YouTube. The camera has great optical zoom capabilities, but unfortunately they're a bit too far away for the night-vision to work very well, so don't expect to see much when the sun is down in the US (central time).

Had to pause and restart the stream, so the original link doesn't seem to be working anymore. Unfortunately, this forum doesn't seem to let me edit the original post. Hopefully this new one works:

The chicks have hatched!

Internet went out for a few minute and I had to restart the stream, which means the old link is dead again. Here's the new one. Also, a few cute clips of the baby chicks in case you don't catch them on the live stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back