• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

S200EXR/S205- any experiences with it? (1 Viewer)

MarTay6

Am looking for a camera for birds/squirrel's in the yard with better image quality than the HS-10, Lumix FZ series, or the Canon SX30. This camera seems to fit the bill. Doesn't have the bells/whistles of these other superzooms, but the end result is what counts IMHO.
Any feedback? Thanks.

No experience, but the DPreview site contains links to owners comments, and there also is this interesting piece of info re pixel density:
HS10 36 MP/cm²
S200EXR 25 MP/cm²
S100fs 19 MP/cm²

Panasonic
FZ100 50 MP/cm²
FZ40 50 MP/cm²
FZ35 43 MP/cm²

Canon
SX30 50 MP/cm²

Hmmmmm

Niels

Niels

Niels-
Thanks for your response. I pulled the trigger on one, so will post my impressions on it when I get it. I don't need the extreme zoom length of the newest superzooms, but still want to reach out a little further than the typical point-&-shoot cameras. Image quality is important, and I don't like a lot of the comments I've read in researching the superzooms. Ironically, I've seen some pretty darn good pictures taken with them. I'm sure they'd be fun, being able to reach out that far- hopefully the next iterations will get the picture quality issues ironed out. At that point in time, I'll probably spring for one.
Wes

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back