• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ruff with red legs? Portugal Lisboa (1 Viewer)

rosbifs

PutAin STOP
Ukraine
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 7E12CD9E-5F47-453A-A8BC-56D22689ACDE.jpeg
    7E12CD9E-5F47-453A-A8BC-56D22689ACDE.jpeg
    970.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 4DF3A85B-51B6-44ED-84A0-CD14C6174510.jpeg
    4DF3A85B-51B6-44ED-84A0-CD14C6174510.jpeg
    986.5 KB · Views: 91
Hello,
I agree with you, the white bellied bird is a male Ruff.
Apart from this, I see Lapwings and other Ruffs.
There are tow difficult waders sitting in the right gravel-line. At first I thought the left might be a Common Snipe, but this species has a shorter, more plump rear end. So I think another Ruff might be a better answer.
Same with the right bird. At first I thought it might be a Calidris, but as I struggle to find a very good match, my guess its another Ruff in an ID-unfriendly position.

Thank you

I was a little stranded in the sense that I’m birdbook less for this trip but the legs stood out (pardon the pun) and I couldn’t find reference to this colour of leg!

Everything else screamed ruff

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back