• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rubber eye cups for Audubon MkII (1 Viewer)

rdnzl

Not Sure.
United States
I found another Swift Audubon 8.5x44 MkII in pretty good condition for a ridiculously cheap price, but they are missing the rubber eye cups. Anyone have a source for them, or am I out of luck? They will be fine without them, but it would be nice to find some.

I see some generic ones on that big online retailer, but I don't know if they would work.

Last edited:
I found another Swift Audubon 8.5x44 MkII in pretty good condition for a ridiculously cheap price, but they are missing the rubber eye cups. Anyone have a source for them, or am I out of luck? They will be fine without them, but it would be nice to find some.

I see some generic ones on that big online retailer, but I don't know if they would work.

The rubber units stretch or you can use something to take up the space if need be.

Bill

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 5.52.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 5.52.51 PM.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 61
Got them today. All I need is the eye cups and a strap. I have a generic case they fit into quite well. They are nice and clean, and the glass is perfect. I love it when people think "it's just an old pair of binoculars." Not bad for twenty bucks, and ten bucks for the eye pieces I ordered.

Attachments

• IMG_9314sss.jpg
    IMG_9314sss.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 34
Cycle innertube makes good rubber eyecups very soft comfortable and they can be cut to any size you like.

Attachments

• _1010486.jpg
    _1010486.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 30
Got the cups today. They went on pretty tight. I was worried that they were too small. But I like how the soft rubber fits my eye sockets. A nice fit that keep extraneous light out extremely well.

Attachments

• IMG_9328kkkk.jpg
    IMG_9328kkkk.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 33
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back