• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

River Arrow (1 Viewer)

Grayman

A pair of Kingfishers this morning on the River Arrow along side the lake, It's been many a long year since I've seen any flying up and down the river.

Graham

A pair of Kingfishers this morning on the River Arrow along side the lake, It's been many a long year since I've seen any flying up and down the river.

Graham

Nice one...Was this at Arrow Valley.......I have spent a few hours waiting for such a thing there so maybe a revisit is looming...lol

Keith :t:

Nice one...Was this at Arrow Valley.......I have spent a few hours waiting for such a thing there so maybe a revisit is looming...lol

Yes Keith, side of the sailing lake, use to have a few flying up and down river as far as the man made lake, but I've not seen one in as far as apx 10/12 years.

Graham

Blimey that long...lets hope it was not just a one off flythrough.

I checked BTO and 2 kingfisher were recorded on the Arrow in 2007, 2008 and 2009 so it's great to hear of a recent pair!!!!!!!! Let's hope they might be nesting!!

Out with the camera yesterday for about an hour but sadly no sign of any Kingfishers. If the rain keeps off will try again later. No work until Monday, so plenty of time on my hands.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back