• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rimac - Saltfleet Haven - Howden's Pullover - Horseshoe Point: 16-05-04 (1 Viewer)

intellectual

England
Hello,

Had the company of two birders today. We were looking for a Monty, but for us it kept out of sight.

Here is what we saw:

RIMAC

Whitethroat's
Swallow's
Shoveller's
Curlew's
Reed Bunting's
Skylark's
Wheatear
Wood Pigeon's
Shelduck's
Chaffinch
Canada Geese
Greylag Geese
Heard a Cuckoo
Magpie
Crow's

Saltfleet Haven
Redshank - 15
Shelduck's

Howden's Pullover

Meadow Pipit's
Curlew- 5
Redshank - 1
Kestrel - 1

Horseshoe Point

Oystercatcher's
Reed Bunting's
Grey Heron
Swallow's
Curlew
Grey Plover
Pheasant's

It was a tiring day especially for me [driver], we left Scunny at 13:45 and I got back at 19:55. I saw two species not seen this year.

Regards

Last edited:
I know I'm being mean minded and oh so picky, but since you decided to call yourself "intellectual" you really ought to know not to use the "apostrophe s" for plurals!
John

John Cantelo said:
I know I'm being mean minded and oh so picky, but since you decided to call yourself "intellectual" you really ought to know not to use the "apostrophe s" for plurals!
John

Hi John,

Yes you are being mean minded and oh so picky, but I'll let you off this time, but only because your comments have made me laugh. And by jove do I need a laugh at this present time.

Was in two minds when I wrote it if to use singular or plural. In future I'll have to be more careful, just in case you have sharpened your RED pencil.

Oh by the way, aren't the birds more important than how I write a report?

My username "Intellectual" is a private joke.

Regards

John. ;)

John,

OK I've shown myself up as a petty minded TEACHER (oh the shame of it!) and, yes, my red pen is at hand. You, on the other hand, have demonstrated that you are a good humoured, reasonable, fair minded & none grudge bearing fellow who cares more about birds than punctuation. In my book that means you win! Hang it we all have bee's (sic) in our bonnet and the apostrophe s is one of mine; the rules are SO easy! I don't know if this will make you laugh. I rather hope it does since, as you observe, you need a laugh at the present moment. Keep enjoying your birding and out that damned apostrophe where the hell you please, but don't expect me to stop carping!
The other John

John Cantelo said:
Oops - 'out' should have been 'put'. At least your typing's better than mine
John

I know where to come when I need cheering up, THANKS.

The typing should be okay, I took an RSA in it and passed [for a change].

Cheers
John B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back