• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI Vancouver (Canada) (1 Viewer)

Jose Ramon

Hi everybody,

my name is Jose R. Martin and I am from Madrid (Spain).

I will possibly be travelling to Vancouver (Canada) for working purpouses at the end of August 2014 and I would like to ask you about the birding opportunities in the area.

I will not have too much time. Maybe a a day or two in the weekend.

Could anybody help me with info about birding in the surroundings of Vancuver.

Does anybody got a checklist for the area (better with info about the present birds in the area at that time of the year)?

Is anybody available to bird with me in the area?

Thanks and regards,

Jose R. Martin

Hola Jose,

I was in Vancouver for a few days last July. For a description of birding sites type into the internet:
Birding Spots in Metro Vancouver Area (www.naturevancouver.ca)

There is also a seasonal status list of Vancouver birds which is part of the same website.

For me, the Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary was the best site, with a range of waders, ducks, raptors, smaller birds and 2 sandhill cranes. That is south of the airport, and a friend took me there straight after arriving and immigration, which took a while! I was told that Point Roberts further south is better, but it is just over the border in the USA and I didn't have a VISA. Another birder at Reifel told us that there was a 90 minute queue just to cross the border that day. I did also visit some places around the university and Stanley Park, further north, another good introduction to North American birds.

Allen

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back