• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Neccked Phalarope st BMW (1 Viewer)

bartolli

Surprised there hasn't been more mention of this cracking bird so I thought I'd start a thread for it!

Went for my weekly visit to BMW yesterday unaware of the RNP, noticed more cars than usual for a Wednesday, then spotted a large group of birders on the boardwalk left of reception. One of the volunteers greeted me with "have you come to see our rare visitor?". I hadn't, but what a bonus!

Excellent views albeit somewhat distant, managed a few crappy mobiscoped records shots, one attached below.

Currently uploading a wobbly mobiscoped vid to my wobbly-vid youtube channel!

Excellent bird!

Also greenshanks, loads of avocets, nice family of shelduck with chicks, 2 common terns + cute baby rats(!)

Attachments

• IMAG0528 bf.jpg
    IMAG0528 bf.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 127
Surprised there hasn't been more mention of this cracking bird so I thought I'd start a thread for it!

Went for my weekly visit to BMW yesterday unaware of the RNP, noticed more cars than usual for a Wednesday, then spotted a large group of birders on the boardwalk left of reception. One of the volunteers greeted me with "have you come to see our rare visitor?". I hadn't, but what a bonus!

Excellent views albeit somewhat distant, managed a few crappy mobiscoped records shots, one attached below.

Currently uploading a wobbly mobiscoped vid to my wobbly-vid youtube channel!

Excellent bird!

Also greenshanks, loads of avocets, nice family of shelduck with chicks, 2 common terns + cute baby rats(!)

I was there as well and saw the RNP at about 10am. Unable to get a decent image of it as when it hit the internet, the crowds arrived. Got a good look through another members scope though. Saw all you mention above + another first for me ( besides RNP) a ringed Teal ........ B :)

Saw common Lizzard sunbathing as well. My first visit to Burton Mere, what a day to pick eh!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back