• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Puerto Rico - 4 hours Birding (1 Viewer)

Lisa W

I really need to get out and bird more
Staff member
Supporter
United States
Just back from a trip to San Juan, unfortunately for me no other birders were on the trip. I only had 4 hours of actual birding, but was lucky to find a very good guide - Gabriel Lugo. Gabe took me to El Yunque National Forest and then to an area used by bicyclists.
Puerto Rican Endemics found:
Puerto Rican Lizard-Cuckoo
Puerto Rican Emerald
Puerto Rican Tody
Puerto Rican Woodpecker
Puerto Rican Vireo
Puerto Rican Tanager
Puerto Rican Spindalis
Puerto Rican Bullfinch
Puerto Rican Oriole
Not counting the Green Mango as I only saw its tail and a fast fly-by no good views
Other New life birds seen with Gabe:
Black-bellied Plover
Spotted Sandpiper
Ruddy Turnstone
Royal Tern
Sandwich Tern
Scaly-naped Pigeon
Zenaida Dove
Common Ground-Dove
Gray Kingbird
Loggerhead Kingbird
Caribbean Martin
Black-whiskered Vireo
Bed-legged Thrush
Bananaquit
Shiny Cowbird
Antillean Euphonia

Although not a long time, we still found a number of the Puerto Rican Endemics I was hoping to see, along with some other birds of the Caribbean.

Thank you Stebve, it was to bad I didn't get more time. And I really wish my friends were into birding or nature.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back