• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Product Review: The Sky Rover Banner Cloud 8 x 42 Binocular (6 Viewers)

In my mind they don’t need to do that, but the general opinion seems to be that they are either equal to, or nearly equal to the top alpha models, or at least that’s what I think I’m reading.
I suppose that's understandable when reading observations like this (written by someone invested in the SRBC, no doubt, lol).

I'll try to check it out myself when I get the chance, most probably at the end of the year. I'm expecting a binocular with mechanicals similar to comparably priced Opticron etc but better optics, possibly a good bit better, but we'll see.

Also make sure to check for oil droplets on the internal glass and "rainbow spikes".
Well, my first sample has oil droplets on an internal glass surface and optically still „beats“ most of the glasses in my bino collection with high image brightness and excellent sharpness / contrast. I just wonder how much better my second sample - which the Singapore shop I am buying from is specifically checking before dispatch - will perform. I honestly don‘t think it can be even better … ;)

The Bushnell Legend M created much excitement here years back too.
I wonder how much of these will sell world wide, likely the most in china and some here in the US and Europe. I just do not see these at current $$$ being a great seller, and additionally they have a ways to go to make a consistent product.
Enjoy your BCs.

Does anyone give a toss how many GPO, Maven, Vortex binoculars etc are sold, or where in the world they are bought?

But it's fair to say cracking a market isn't easy, and takes time (and often multiple attempts). I'm sure Nikon's 8x30 A series ("Zeiss knockoff") and that stumpy little 8x30 SLC made by someone in Austria called Swarovsky (?) took some time before they were accepted, too.

Does anyone give a toss how many GPO, Maven, Vortex binoculars etc are sold, or where in the world they are bought?

Well it is obvious you don't, thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back