• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Product Review: The Sky Rover Banner Cloud 8 x 42 Binocular (3 Viewers)

Thank you Neil.

Any idea where I could buy some of these? Seem to be missing from their Aliexpress store. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you Neil.

Any idea where I could buy some of these? Seem to be missing from their Aliexpress store. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Good Morning,

Thanks for your reply. I ordered mine via Aliexpress directly. I ordered mine on March 15 and it took about three weeks to get to Scotland.
Unfortunately, they are selling rapidly. So I guess the only thing to do is keep an eye out for when they are restocked and then place your order then. It might help to contact them directly at [email protected] to ask about their availability and maybe to notify you when they become available again.

I suspect it might take a wee while to settle down.

With best wishes,

Neil

Nice review Canip. I've been following that thread, as this binocular really has my interest, and I've never really been afraid of taking a chance (Tract, Maven, etc). You mention build quality not up to the premium Euro's, but how does it compare to others in it's $500 price range? I've messed around with several in that price range and wonder how these compare. Thanks.

Build quality, if mechanics work :), is certainly competitive in the class $ 500 and above.

Finish (body armour, joins, gaps etc.) is good, the focus wheel is nicely finished, the eyecups with clickstops are not perfect but work well.

I have already talked about focus and diopter, but that was about my own sample.

Let me say it this way: if quality control eliminates faulty and „sloppy“ samples, this binocular appears overall well built. No long time experience yet, of course, but if the Sky Rover holds up over time, with optics as we have seen them now, this thing will be a success.

Build quality, if mechanics work :), is certainly competitive in the class $ 500 and above.

Finish (body armour, joins, gaps etc.) is good, the focus wheel is nicely finished, the eyecups with clickstops are not perfect but work well.

I have already talked about focus and diopter, but that was about my own sample.

Let me say it this way: if quality control eliminates faulty and „sloppy“ samples, this binocular appears overall well built. No long time experience yet, of course, but if the Sky Rover holds up over time, with optics as we have seen them now, this thing will be a success.
Thanks. I know nothing about the Sky Rover company, or whatever company is backing them. Do you see it as another potential Zen Ray, or is the Sky Rover company legit?

It depends, how much effort (which translates to $$$) is put forward for quality control. To get there the price will have to go up.
Time will tell, most globally will buy a Nikon 7, and be quite satisfied.
Additionally a roof is more complicated than a porro to manufacture in large numbers.

Last edited:
Basically, from what I’ve read in multiple reviews, it seems the general consensus is that the optics in these are at least fully the equal of the EL and NL, not almost, but fully, is that correct ?
I will have to do much more detailed comparisions with top end European binos (including EL / SV / SF) to confirm this, but yes, so far, based on my cursory examination of the Sky Rover, I consider its optics equal, meaning that the correction of aberrations, control of stray-light, color fidelity, image brightness, sharpness / contrast and size of FOV are on an similar level.

I will have to do much more detailed comparisions with top end European binos (including EL / SV / SF) to confirm this, but yes, so far, based on my cursory examination of the Sky Rover, I consider its optics equal, meaning that the correction of aberrations, control of stray-light, color fidelity, image brightness, sharpness / contrast and size of FOV are on an similar level.
To say that this statement is a WOW moment, would be an understatement imho.

Più del 19% di tasse in Germania.
582,13€ + 35,36€ spedizione = 617,49€ x 0,19 (IVA) = 117,32
617,49 + 117,32 = 734,81€ in totale.
Per quel prezzo valuterò sicuramente altre opzioni. Sono 200€ in più rispetto a quanto ho pagato per la mia Fuji HC 8x42 Made in Japan. Per qualche grado in più di FoV? NO.
Ho il Fuji, se 7,7 gradi contro 9,3 sono pochi..Oltre che più corretti..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back