• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photography (1 Viewer)

ronjax

I am looking at arranging a guide for Oulu in June.

Does anyone out there have experience of guided photography trips or even better guided video-photography trips?

I would like an idea of the kit I will need to take with me on the trip, cannot take it all, and so an idea of the likely shooting distances would be useful.

My video outfit is about 7 times as powerful as a full frame 35mm set up, thus if I were to use my Canon 70-200 lens I would get 500mm to 1400mm approx. equivalent.

My Sigma 500 on the other hand (a weighty piece of kit with its support bars and heavy tripod) would give 3500mm which I would think un-necessary in Finland other than for water birds.

Cheers,

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back