• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photo Equipment Pack (2 Viewers)

ronhermitage

Can anyone recommend a case or pack that would work well for keeping my camera and gear organized for trips into the field. I don't journey far from the road but something to carry my camera, gear and tripod would be nice.

I have exactly the same need. Need something to carry around a Swaro 85 angled, manfrotto tripod, EOS7d and 300 f4 lens with 1.4x converter. Also need space to store Nikon P6000 and DCA etc. Would really appreciate some experienced suggestions..... Lowepro? or something else?

Or is this an unrealistic expectation?

Michael.

Can anyone recommend a case or pack that would work well for keeping my camera and gear organized for trips into the field. I don't journey far from the road but something to carry my camera, gear and tripod would be nice.

I have exactly the same need. Need something to carry around a Swaro 85 angled, manfrotto tripod, EOS7d and 300 f4 lens with 1.4x converter. Also need space to store Nikon P6000 and DCA etc. Would really appreciate some experienced suggestions..... Lowepro? or something else?

Or is this an unrealistic expectation?

Michael.

I have almost the exact same set up with 300F4 plus tc plus camera plus Swaro 80 angled.... I am not sure if I want to carry everything together, just think of the weight. Are you looking at going from region to region as in 'travel' or going from spot to spot?

Bags are all very well, but with all the gear does get very heavy after a while. I have been pondering this for a while and wondered whether there is something like a golf trolley that could be used.

It would need big wheels for rough terrain and then a bag with pockets for storing the gear, plus a longer bag for tripod and scope.

I once saw some golfists using a remote control electric trolly. Wouldn't that be fun for birding!:king:

nah...I will skip the gold trolley idea ;-) .... Even though I might have access to all within my car or hotel (when traveling), I will only actually take out either the camera + lens or the Scope and camera/tripod. Although there are times I wished I had both, for uncumbersoming things, I prefer just one.

But still looking for something solid to carry by scope in in terms of backpack etc... the tamrac series do look promising

I have a Tamrac Experdition 8, it carries my Zeiss 85Fl, hide clamp, camera, waterproofs, flask and sandwiches with ease. My Tripod fits on to the tailor made carrier on the back. Padding is fantastic for gear and me, all straps and harness thicly covered for maximum comfort.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back