• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax dcf SP (1 Viewer)

Pentax DCF SP vs older DCF WP

I have two questions regarding the Pentax DCF series.

First, I have been very pleased with my DCF WPs but recently the dioptre seems out of adjustment. I now have to turn it all the way clockwise and the right eye is still just enough out of focus to be annoying. Has anyone else had the same or a similar problem?

Second, has anyone who has used the older Pentax DCF WP also had experience with the new DCF SP? How do the optics compare?

i dont know what kind of eyes all of you guys have . i have the swaros, pentax & nikon se,s also minox & fuji,s they are all exellent binos . dont know why anyone would be dissapointed with any of them . i really believe that there is a bit of snobbery involved in bino purchases by many people. i have to admit it even effects myself. i feel a bit more upper class with the swaros around my neck ,than i do with the pentax ,even tho the pentax view looks just as good to my eyes.hope i hav,nt hurt any feelings.
brian

gunvald said:
The DCF SP line has put Pentax into a new league. I'd take the Pentax over the Nikon at the same price. The optics are just as sharp and clear, the close focus is half the distance, the eyecups, and objective lens covers are much better, and they are 10.1 ounces lighter. Now throw in the fact that they are $300 less...

I'm not finding them for less than $450US anywhere. When was that written?

Dear Bfs

Have owned the Pentax DCP SP 8x43 for 9 months. The view is good but not as good as the big league.The bins although well treated have a screw missing from the eyecup
(after 4 months and difficult to repace in Oz) and a scratch on a lense supposed to be scratch resistant.

I quess you get what you pay for but still not bad for the money.

bestwishes

raymondjohn

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back