• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax 9x28 DCF LV Repair (1 Viewer)

eucman

United States
Thank you for allowing me to join this group! It has an amazing array of topics to go through!
I did seen another subform someone was inquiring about a broken eyecup on their Pentax binoculars. It was suggested they post here on this subform but it appears they haven't or maybe they found their answer elsewhere.
I have to propose the same question. Mr Pentax 9x28 DCF LV binds have a broken eyepiece. It doesn't stay in place; the indexing I normally feel when moving it is no longer there and if I press against it gently it lowers.
Does anyone have a good contact where I can get some info on service?
Thank you!

Hi,

sorry, I don't have an address for Pentax support - my Pentax pairs are so far fine...

But if you don't find one, many people use a rubber o-ring behind the eyecup to keep it in place w/o or in between the indexed positions...

Joachim

Sending them off for repair is best if you have others bino's as backup. However, if you don't want to send them away, there are a couple of methods to make the eye cup work better without sending them in.

Hi,

sorry, I don't have an address for Pentax support - my Pentax pairs are so far fine...

But if you don't find one, many people use a rubber o-ring behind the eyecup to keep it in place w/o or in between the indexed positions...

Joachim
I may try that; thank you!

Sending them off for repair is best if you have others bino's as backup. However, if you don't want to send them away, there are a couple of methods to make the eye cup work better without sending them in.
Thank you. I may be checking back for some helpful tips.
I bought them off a party on the internet so not sure what that will do for me as far as warranty.
I don't mind paying for a proper repair as long as it isn't too much $$$!
I have my Vanguard Endeavor ED IV for binos but have been wanting to get these back to ship shape.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back