• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Parkgate tomorrow & Wednesday-looking good (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
High tide tomorrow-even higher on Wednesday at 10.4-and the timing is good (around mid day). I think the wind is favourable..........should be good for SEO & Harriers.............but I have been know to be wrong;)

Dont finish work until 2pm, cant get there until 3pm
Will it all be over by then?

Sorry-only got your post this morning.
Unfortunately the answer is yes. High tide is approx' 11.45 so (to my knowledge) it will be all over by, say, 12.30.
A couple of years ago it was a real success as the water broke right up to the car park and people were seeing birds & creatures they had never seen before........and guess what......we got there 1 hour late and missed the lot:C

Quite good today. Very cold of course and the wind was straight in our face-not a strong wind but cooooooold.
Lots of Harriers with 1 pair in particular showing very clearly and reasonably close. Also at least 3 S.E.O.
Tomorrow the tide is slightly higher @ 10.1 mtr (not 10.4 as I was led to believe).

Just to finish the day we went to Moore-and I was next to a bloke with 2 cameras (at least one of which was 1D-couldn't see the other) plus a 500mm f4 AND AN 800MM 5.6.......How unfair is that:-C

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back