• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

paper needed (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Does anyone have access to this one:
Wetmore, A. 1937b. Bird Remains from Cave Deposits on Great Ex
uma Island in the Bahamas. Bulletin of the Museum
of Comparative Zoology, 80(12) :427-441, 1 plate, 16
figures

thanks
Niels

Does anyone have access to this one:
Wetmore, A. 1937b. Bird Remains from Cave Deposits on Great Ex
uma Island in the Bahamas. Bulletin of the Museum
of Comparative Zoology, 80(12) :427-441, 1 plate, 16
figures

thanks
Niels

Thanks.

Can I ask a second question: a time period described as: a time after the Wisconsinan glacial maximum but before the close of the Pleistocene
Would it be fair to say between approximately 11,000-18,000 years before present to give a feel for what period we are looking at?
Niels

Can I ask a second question: a time period described as: a time after the Wisconsinan glacial maximum but before the close of the Pleistocene
Would it be fair to say between approximately 11,000-18,000 years before present to give a feel for what period we are looking at?
Niels
Wikipedia has an article about the Wisconsinan glacial period, see Wisconsin glaciation - Wikipedia

The holocene starts around 10,000 years ago so I think your gues is reasonably acurate.

Now we say late Pleistocene. I attached the Wetmore, 1937 paper, but unfortunatly birdforum refuses it.

Very interesting described in this paper are: Calohierax quadratus, Titanohierax gloveralleni, Tyto pollens. So for the paper you can also look at https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/campaigns/global_owl_project/descriptions/Fossil_owls/Tyto pollens (Wetmore) 1937.pdf, where you can find the descriptions of all fossil owl described before 2007, but of course, Birdforum is a better source!

Hope it helps,

Fred

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back