• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nothern Cyprus (1 Viewer)

chrisjones

We will be visiting Northern Cyprus in mid September. I've found a couple of web links to birding pages but trip & site report seam thin on the ground.

Can anyone offer advice on sites and expected species.

Regards

Chris

Birding in Northern Cyprus

Hi Chris

I have only been on the southern part of Cyprus, so I can't help you with tips on sites on the northern part of Cyprus. But I found the Travellingbirder.com website very helpful when making research before my trip in 2006, because it has indexed almost any birding trip reports on the Internet and lets you search for trip reports for a specific month.

http://www.travellingbirder.com/birdwatching/birding_Cyprus.php

Dieter

We will be visiting Northern Cyprus in mid September. I've found a couple of web links to birding pages but trip & site report seam thin on the ground.

Can anyone offer advice on sites and expected species.

Regards

Chris

Chris,
Have you looked at my website? There's quite a bit of info there - www.kibrisbirds.net.
Where are you staying? I'll be there in September as well, perhaps catch up with you and show you some places. September is excellent for the passage of Egrets and Herons along the coast and much more, check out my trip report for Autumn 2007 http://www.kibrisbirds.net/Trip-Reports
I've been there 5 times in the last 13 months, any questions please ask.
Cheers
Colin

Last edited:
this has opened my eyes ,have been to southern cyprus ,but having a really good look at this thread,shared info,

jim,

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back