• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northumbrian /Farne visit (1 Viewer)

andy_1969

Hi all

I am visiting the Northumbria area from the 14th to 18th of may, i have already booked a full day visit to the island with Billy Sheil, as i understand he is the best one, and i will have a hat at the ready (all following advice i have already read on here :)

However, my question is are there any other recommended birding sites reasonably close to seahouses where i am going to be staying? i have the 15th and 17th to spend on the mainland birding, as i am on Farne on the 16th.

I don't have any particular target birds, just some general advice on local residents favorite spots, which in my experience can quite often be the nicest places to go :)

Any advice given will be appreciated :t:

Cheers

Andy

Lindisfarne is an excellent site with wildfowl, waders, raptors and scarce migrants. Druridge Bay is good for Terns and Waders.

I recommend stopping at Saltholme RSPB or the Durham coastline on your way up as they can be, though hit or miss, particularly excellent for rarities.

I also suggest Druridge Bay. There are several sites to visit all within 3 or 4 miles of coastline (see the opus/encyclopaedia entry), including dunes, lakes, wetland and rocky coastline.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back