• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northern South Africa (in and around Kruger) - Feb 2024, 13 days (1 Viewer)

lockbreeze926

Scotland
Can I interest anybody in this?

Inevitably, it's not cheap - 99,600 ZAR for two sharing, which equates to £4067 GBP or $5037US (or, if you like, another 16,000 ZAR for the luxury quarters...)

This excludes your flights to RSA, but includes all accommodation, transport incl driver, vehicle and fuel, breakfast and dinner, entry to any fee areas and obviously an expert local guide (Marc Cronje @ Nature Travel Birding,)

If interested, please drop me a message and I can forward the proposed itinerary.

Can I interest anybody in this?

Inevitably, it's not cheap - 99,600 ZAR for two sharing, which equates to £4067 GBP or $5037US (or, if you like, another 16,000 ZAR for the luxury quarters...)

This excludes your flights to RSA, but includes all accommodation, transport incl driver, vehicle and fuel, breakfast and dinner, entry to any fee areas and obviously an expert local guide (Marc Cronje @ Nature Travel Birding,)

If interested, please drop me a message and I can forward the proposed itinerary.
Thank you lockbreeze926

But, how many days?

if you are talking about 15 days, not inevitably.

Of course you are free to announce whatever you want but as far as I am using this forum, we try to exchange information about affordable tours organized by ourselves directly with local guides or without any guiding in order to keep the price low.

$5.037 for a 15 days tour is a lot of money for SA even more if the international flight is not included.

The SA Rand is now very weak and prices in SA are now very affordable. We went last year and the prices were something like a third of the price of the same service in Spain that is already affordable compared to prices in Northern Europe or the USA.

Maybe the tour that you are offering is a month long, goes in luxury lodges,... but it is possible to go to SA for a half of that amount if you do not mind to stay in affordable hotels and you avoid intermediaries.

Regards,

Last edited:
Thank you lockbreeze926

But, how many days?

if you are talking about 15 days, not inevitably.

Of course you are free to announce whatever you want but as far as I am using this forum, we try to exchange information about affordable tours organized by ourselves directly with local guides or without any guiding in order to keep the price low.

$5.037 for a 15 days tour is a lot of money for SA even more if the international flight is not included.

The SA Rand is now very weak and prices in SA are now very affordable. We went last year and the prices were something like a third of the price of the same service in Spain that is already affordable compared to prices in Northern Europe or the USA.

Maybe the tour that you are offering is a month long, goes in luxury lodges,... but it is possible to go to SA for a half of that amount if you do not mind to stay in affordable hotels and you avoid intermediaries.

Regards,
Looks like it's a Rockjumper tour, hence the price.

I would suggest doing it independently. South Africa is very easy and cheap (apart from the flights of course) to do independently. It also has a very good field guide and an excellent app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back