• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Northumberland (1 Viewer)

herring99

Hi all,

any advice where to go birding this weekend up in North Northumberland? I've probably only got the one day so I was hoping to get as much habitat variety and species in without travelling too much in distance.

Cheers

Herring

Hi Herring,

Try the Harthope Valley in the Cheviots: Goshawk, Peregrine, Red Grouse, Common Sandpiper, Tree Pipit, Dipper, Redstart, Whinchat, Wheatear, Ring Ouzel, Wood Warbler, Pied Flycatcher, etc. Grid ref NT975250 and southwestward from there.

The Farnes are always good, though it is a little early for many terns to be in yet.

Michael

Thanks Michael,

I know the Harthope valley and visited Easter weekend. I took your advice though and went again. Great birds, great weather (sunburnt) and beautiful scenery. What more can one ask for? I will try and post a combined trip report tonight.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back