• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New to birding and looking for help to identify this one! (1 Viewer)

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and birding and would love some help with identifying this bird. It was spotted in Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada. The sun was setting so the orange/yellow belly comes from the sunset I believe. My Bird ID app suggests it could be an Eastern Kingbird. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance and happy to be here! :)

1715306476388.png1715306492052.png1715306500018.png

Welcome to BF.
All your guesses are correct. Note black upper half of head, dark grey back/wings, and white tail-tip.
FYI, it's important when asking for an ID also to give the date as this may assist, or even be crucial, in various ways (not necessary though for an ID in this case).

Last edited:
Welcome to BF.
All your guesses are correct. Note also the white tail-tip which is a feature of the species.
FYI, it's important when asking for an ID also to give the date as this may assist, or even be crucial, in various ways (not necessary though for an ID in this case).
Thank you for confirming and the tips for future questions. I will make sure to do that next time! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back