• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New NL pure 10x32 owner (1 Viewer)

antoine22

Switzerland
I was lucky enough to come across a brand new pair of NL pure 10x32 (without the box and soap but with the rest of the accessories) on a local sales site for a totally crazy price
I was sceptical at first but it turned out to be true
So I switched from a pair of Ursus 8x42 Kites (entry level) to this pair of NL Pure
The change is totally amazing, everything is sharp, no CA, the focus is fluid, absolutely breathtaking
At first I was hesitating between the 8x32 so gaining 20% FOV or keeping the same FOV but having 10x power. I think I'm happy with the 10x. The FOV is so big that I can't even go through the whole thing, it's crazy

Anyway, I'm over the moon with this purchase

Attachments

• 4F105CA2-6379-4A65-9755-5125196B98EE.jpeg
    4F105CA2-6379-4A65-9755-5125196B98EE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
This weekend was the first real outing for these. 5 hours of intense birding and what a pleasure.
Every time I bring these binoculars to my eyes I am amazed by the absolutely perfect image quality.
Distinguishing the most subtle colors on a bird perched far away is something I can now appreciate thanks to these binoculars

This weekend was the first real outing for these. 5 hours of intense birding and what a pleasure.
Every time I bring these binoculars to my eyes I am amazed by the absolutely perfect image quality.
Distinguishing the most subtle colors on a bird perched far away is something I can now appreciate thanks to these binoculars
Do you need to carefully position your eyes to avoid blackouts?

Do you need to carefully position your eyes to avoid blackouts?
I have a NL 10x32 too. Very happy with it! It is not the best in dim light, but during the day I think you will hardly notice it has quite a small exit pupil. For me the weight was very important. That is why I did not buy a NL 10x42. The price is of course better too. At dim light I use the SLC 8x42. However, I am a 10 power fan.
If you like 10 power and lightweight as well, I really think NL 10x32 will suite you well. For me no blackouts at all. I have not tried the SF 10x32, bit I have heard blackouts occur easier.
For me the SFL 10x40 would have been interesting as well, but it was not out yet when I bought my NL 10x32.

I have a NL 10x32 too. Very happy with it! It is not the best in dim light, but during the day I think you will hardly notice it has quite a small exit pupil. For me the weight was very important. That is why I did not buy a NL 10x42. The price is of course better too. At dim light I use the SLC 8x42. However, I am a 10 power fan.
If you like 10 power and lightweight as well, I really think NL 10x32 will suite you well. For me no blackouts at all. I have not tried the SF 10x32, bit I have heard blackouts occur easier.
For me the SFL 10x40 would have been interesting as well, but it was not out yet when I bought my NL 10x32.
Not the best in dim light but still very usable in my limited test I did

Sweet, deal! The NL's are really nice with their huge transparent view that is sharp to the edge and now that Swarovski has figured out how to make a good focuser the focuser on the NL is smooth as silk. I have the NL 8x32 for daytime birding in forested areas and when I am hiking, and the NL 10x42 for dawn/twilight conditions in more open areas like meadows and coastal regions. The SFL's are very nice for the price, but they don't have the huge FOV and sharp edges of the NL, and when you can get an NL for the price of an SFL it is a no brainer. The NL's are the best binoculars I have ever used.

6 hours of intensive birding this weekend and the NL Pure once again surpassed all my expectations. It's really mindblowing
I took my previous pair of binoculars (Kite Ursus 8x42 - entry level) with me because I knew that a friend would join me during the afternoon
The difference is really amazing, it's impossible to explain it with words, it's so unreal
The FOV, CA correction, immersive, sharpness, clarity, everything is so perfect

There were about ten birder in the observatory at that time and it was as if the birds were popping in the NL Pure, I saw them all before the others
The highlight was to be able to discern very clearly the yellow stripe on the head of the Eurasian Wigeon at about 200-300m whereas in comparison with the Ursus 8x42, it was impossible to discern

6 hours of intensive birding this weekend and the NL Pure once again surpassed all my expectations. It's really mindblowing
I took my previous pair of binoculars (Kite Ursus 8x42 - entry level) with me because I knew that a friend would join me during the afternoon
The difference is really amazing, it's impossible to explain it with words, it's so unreal
The FOV, CA correction, immersive, sharpness, clarity, everything is so perfect

There were about ten birder in the observatory at that time and it was as if the birds were popping in the NL Pure, I saw them all before the others
The highlight was to be able to discern very clearly the yellow stripe on the head of the Eurasian Wigeon at about 200-300m whereas in comparison with the Ursus 8x42, it was impossible to discern
It is a joyful how a good binocular brings the beauty of Nature into the user's soul.

Thinking of picking up some 10x32s NLs at a good price. They'll complement my Zeiss SF 8x42s in an interesting way I hope. If I take the plunge, is the headrest a good idea? I have steady hands but haven’t had any 10x since a pair of Trinovid 10x42 many years ago. And they were fine if somewhat heavy (Views don't seem particularly positive on this thread...).

Thinking of picking up some 10x32s NLs at a good price. They'll complement my Zeiss SF 8x42s in an interesting way I hope. If I take the plunge, is the headrest a good idea? I have steady hands but haven’t had any 10x since a pair of Trinovid 10x42 many years ago. And they were fine if somewhat heavy (Views don't seem particularly positive on this thread...).

Still waiting for the FHR too and been using the 10x32 for few weeks now. Had the 10x32 EL last time and the wide FOV and better balance on my hands of the NL. I don't find it heavy especially when I compared with the 12x42 NL

Last edited:
I use the Forehead rest on both my NL 10x42 and the BTX spotting scope. For the binocular I find it helps stabilize the image and am glad I got it. I've gotten in the habit of using it all the time. Some people have written they don't find it useful. One factor to consider is the binocular mass. The NL Pure 10x42 is about 850 grams while the 10x32 lists as about 650 grams. In this range of mass I find the lighter glass is less stable, so I would guess in advance that the Forehead Rest would find use for me on a 10x32 if I had one. If you can test it at a dealer, a period of maybe 15 minutes of normal viewing activity without the Forehead Rest, and 15 minutes of normal viewing with it might let you learn how it works, or not, for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back