• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Binocular Bargains Thread (3 Viewers)

Those binoculars also appear to already be available under the "Bosma" brand on AliExpress for more than $100 less than the sky Rover branded version.

His description of these binocular s is pretty straightforward as to why he’s selling them in the classified section and on eBay. I wish him luck selling these because in my opinion, it’s still a lot of money to pay for made in PRC binoculars.
All true and yet, when that Sky Rover 10x52 comes out....I might bite ;)

Dvor has some good bins on sale for the next few days in the under $500 range. A few examples:
Nikon M7 8x42, $406
Vortex Viper HD 8x42, $376
Vortex Viper HD 10x42, $395
Athlon Midas Gen II, $240
There are also higher priced Vortex Razor and Steiner military models and a few other bins on sale.

Dvor has some good bins on sale for the next few days in the under $500 range. A few examples:
Nikon M7 8x42, $406
Vortex Viper HD 8x42, $376
Vortex Viper HD 10x42, $395
Athlon Midas Gen II, $240
There are also higher priced Vortex Razor and Steiner military models and a few other bins on sale.
I thought about ordering from DVOR, but their store-credit only return policy dissuaded me. Sometimes the Optics Planet prices were better than their DVOR offshoot website. I also wondered if the warranty would be valid if purchased from DVOR after calling a manufacturer that never heard of DVOR.

Anyone ever try to order the Meopta-made Euro Instinct binoculars from Bass Pro/Cabelas? Every now then they appear on their website as being in stock. Three times I’ve placed orders for pairs of 8x32 and 10x32 binoculars and received emails with order confirmation numbers and being-processed status. Each time one or two days later I’ve received cancellation emails due to lack of stock. Cabela’s customer service was no help. I won’t try to order these phantom binoculars again or anything else for that matter from Cabela’s.

Anyone ever try to order the Meopta-made Euro Instinct binoculars from Bass Pro/Cabelas? Every now then they appear on their website as being in stock. Three times I’ve placed orders for pairs of 8x32 and 10x32 binoculars and received emails with order confirmation numbers and being-processed status. Each time one or two days later I’ve received cancellation emails due to lack of stock. Cabela’s customer service was no help. I won’t try to order these phantom binoculars again or anything else for that matter from Cabela’s.
Yes and every time they come used with issues and I send them back.

Yes and every time they come used with issues and I send them back.
They must be customer returns with issues being sold as new. When I called to find out the status of my order, the customer service representative said that the order was being processed and shipped from a retail store. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I thought about ordering from DVOR, but their store-credit only return policy dissuaded me. Sometimes the Optics Planet prices were better than their DVOR offshoot website. I also wondered if the warranty would be valid if purchased from DVOR after calling a manufacturer that never heard of DVOR.
Dvor.com is OpticsPlanet with no returns allowed. I have ordered there many times with no issues.

Dvor.com is OpticsPlanet with no returns allowed. I have ordered there many times with no issues.
I’ve ordered several times from Optics Planet with only one screw up ion their part and had to send the item back for an exchange for the actual item I ordered. Were you able to register the binoculars for the manufacture’s warranty?

Amazon USA has the Covert 8x42 Binocular on sale now for $157 with next day shipping. I know of one member who pulled the trigger on a pair, was so impressed with both build and the Optical view he bought a 2nd pair.

I’ve ordered several times from Optics Planet with only one screw up ion their part and had to send the item back for an exchange for the actual item I ordered. Were you able to register the binoculars for the manufacture’s warranty?
Yes, every time with no problem. Dvor products are probably just over stock with OpticsPlanet not wanting to eat the return cost, as they do with their normal free liberal return policy when purchased from the OpticsPlanet web site.

They must be customer returns with issues being sold as new. When I called to find out the status of my order, the customer service representative said that the order was being processed and shipped from a retail store. Thanks for sharing your experience.
I do get those cabela’s emails occasionally regarding the Euro’s being on sale, I usually bite and order hoping l will get a like new pair or new knowing I can send them back.

HERE is a mislabeled Nikon EDG on eBay for $700.
seller pulled the listing and relisted but not the EDG. I like the idea of trying out the HG L 8x32 but $700 seems high when I could almost get the Monarch HG 8x30 new for that price.

So I am pretty new to forum here and looking for some binoculars, figured I would share this one which I ordered a couple days ago. It has since shipped from the actual retailer but not yet delivered.

Greentoe has the Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 new, authorized dealer warranty, and 30 days returns for only $639 delivered. This is about $140 less than the retailer has on their website (or any other website I could find).

Screenshot 2024-05-04 124113.png

Last edited:
seller pulled the listing and relisted but not the EDG. I like the idea of trying out the HG L 8x32 but $700 seems high when I could almost get the Monarch HG 8x30 new for that price.

So I am pretty new to forum here and looking for some binoculars, figured I would share this one which I ordered a couple days ago. It has since shipped from the actual retailer but not yet delivered.

Greentoe has the Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 new, authorized dealer warranty, and 30 days returns for only $639 delivered. This is about $140 less than the retailer has on their website (or any other website I could find).

View attachment 1577583
Greentoe is kind of a scam website. Read the reviews. I was going to buy some binoculars here because of the low prices until I read the reviews.

"Greentoe has a rating of 2.5 stars from 97 reviews, indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Reviewers complaining about Greentoe most frequently mention customer service, and credit card problems."

Last edited:
Greentoe is kind of a scam website. Read the reviews. I was going to buy some binoculars here because of the low prices until I read the reviews.

"Greentoe has a rating of 2.5 stars from 97 reviews, indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Reviewers complaining about Greentoe most frequently mention customer service, and credit card problems."

This was the first time I used Greentoe, and indeed was a little apprehensive to try it. It's a mixed bag on the reviews/forums, plenty of issues but also plenty of satisfied customers who got a good deal. Negative experience drives more reviews so kept that in mind.

In the end I viewed it as low risk because I could pay with PayPal.

I received my binoculars yesterday from a Zeiss authorized dealer (who has their own rather large website...) New in the box, as advertised.

Transaction was flawless, I'd use them again. Of note the transaction was strictly with the retailer, not Greentoe.

Greentoe is acting only as the matchmaker between buyer and seller. So returns experience will only be as good as the retailer behind the actual sale.

This was the first time I used Greentoe, and indeed was a little apprehensive to try it. It's a mixed bag on the reviews/forums, plenty of issues but also plenty of satisfied customers who got a good deal. Negative experience drives more reviews so kept that in mind.

In the end I viewed it as low risk because I could pay with PayPal.

I received my binoculars yesterday from a Zeiss authorized dealer (who has their own rather large website...) New in the box, as advertised.

Transaction was flawless, I'd use them again. Of note the transaction was strictly with the retailer, not Greentoe.

Greentoe is acting only as the matchmaker between buyer and seller. So returns experience will only be as good as the retailer behind the actual sale.
You may have been lucky this time. Maybe next time, not so. 2.5 stars is a pretty poor record. If you have to return them, let us know how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back