• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Binocular Bargains Thread (1 Viewer)

I’ve had several friends buy through Greentoe without problems. The people who are apt to rate these services are the ones who had problems so usually these ratings are not indicative of the actual percentages of bad results. All anyone has to do is use a service like PayPal to protect themselves. Any legitimate Credit Card will provide the same protection. People here have made nasty comments about Dvor based on ratings but no personal experience with them. Same with CampSaver. I’ve bought through both several times with great results. Some Chicken Littles on the board.

I’ve had several friends buy through Greentoe without problems. The people who are apt to rate these services are the ones who had problems so usually these ratings are not indicative of the actual percentages of bad results. All anyone has to do is use a service like PayPal to protect themselves. Any legitimate Credit Card will provide the same protection. People here have made nasty comments about Dvor based on ratings but no personal experience with them. Same with CampSaver. I’ve bought through both several times with great results. Some Chicken Littles on the board.
73 people out of 95 had problems with Greentoe. If I was a gambler, I wouldn't bet on those odds! If 73 people out of 95 told me the sky was falling, I wouldn't take the chance going outside. 😁

Yeah it was no big deal, I will definately use them again. The nice part about it is the retailers are vetted and for optics, only OEM Dealers w/ new Warranty are represented.

It's a clever way to get around the OEM distribution agreements on price setting.

Probably only a matter of time until the OEMs develop a way to crack down on it, but for now it seems win/win with very little risk exposure.

Yeah it was no big deal, I will definately use them again. The nice part about it is the retailers are vetted and for optics, only OEM Dealers w/ new Warranty are represented.

It's a clever way to get around the OEM distribution agreements on price setting.

Probably only a matter of time until the OEMs develop a way to crack down on it, but for now it seems win/win with very little risk exposure.
Yes, I know. I used to get Swarovski's and Zeiss binoculars at about 20% discount from Varuste.net, but no more, so they must have gotten busted because they are right at retail now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back