• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need a GOOD Adapter for IPhone 11 Pro to Vortex Diamondback 20-60x80 spotting scope; model DBK-80A1. Hope someone can help please. (1 Viewer)

Simpcl54

United States
I have looked in depth for an adapter and have been unsuccessful in locating one with good reviews. Can anyone help or direct me to someone that has a good product please? Thanks in advance.

I'm just going to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Thanks so much. I’ve ordered one for my Vortex spotting scope. I hope I’ve made the right choice because I couldn’t much info about this adapter. Has you’re performed well?
Yes, it works quite well in the field. The (all metal) adapter is quickly screwed onto the phone case and the whole unit is then easily attached to the scope's eyepiece. It sits firmly and flush. The other advantage (for me) is that it fits to both of my scopes, the Kowas 883 and 554 (or almost any other scope or bino). The only disadvantage I can think of may be the fact that the case has permanently this threaded ring around the lens which adds a bit to the thickness of the phone and protudes on two sides. If that's perceived as a problem one may get the phone out of the case when not using it for phonesoping (I do not).

Yes, it works quite well in the field. The (all metal) adapter is quickly screwed onto the phone case and the whole unit is then easily attached to the scope's eyepiece. It sits firmly and flush. The other advantage (for me) is that it fits to both of my scopes, the Kowas 883 and 554 (or almost any other scope or bino). The only disadvantage I can think of may be the fact that the case has permanently this threaded ring around the lens which adds a bit to the thickness of the phone and protudes on two sides. If that's perceived as a problem one may get the phone out of the case when not using it for phonesoping (I do not).
Thanks again for your quick response. You’ve been very helpful!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back