• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Name a bird for each letter of the alphabet- (3 Viewers)

V - Vanellus vanellus

Lapwing - common in the UK, and in Cornwall even, but yet to see one from the garden or indeed even in Falmouth (on the coast) - regular inland though.

X - Xema sabini

Sabine's Gull - uncommon in Cornwall on passage. Most easily encountered on autumn seawatches in the far west. Otherwise I've seen two - one which twitched on the start of the Camel Trail, the other on a May seawatch from Falmouth.

Only Y and Z to go!

Y - Yellow Warbler

Uncommon to rare winter resident in South Florida, see less than 10 individuals during the winter months.

No-one with a Z?

If not ... I could possibly do Z with Zitting Cisticola* from when I lived down in France for a while 10 years or so ago ...

*(Even though it's really called Fan-tailed Warbler, of course ;-) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back