• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moving to Sugar Land-Local Birds? (1 Viewer)

woah.dreambig

I'm moving to Sugar Land, TX at the end of April and would like some info about the local birds! I am from MN and have always lived in the country where birds are super abundant; I've had no problem attracting all kinds of birds. I'm just not sure what I should expect in Sugar Land as far as types and quantity of birds. There are no trees in the yard of the house I am moving to but the other houses in the neighborhood have a few trees. Are there certain types of feeders and houses that I should put up? Any info would be helpful :)

I'm moving to Sugar Land, TX at the end of April and would like some info about the local birds! I am from MN and have always lived in the country where birds are super abundant; I've had no problem attracting all kinds of birds. I'm just not sure what I should expect in Sugar Land as far as types and quantity of birds. There are no trees in the yard of the house I am moving to but the other houses in the neighborhood have a few trees. Are there certain types of feeders and houses that I should put up? Any info would be helpful :)

I am so sorry I missed your post back in February. I lived in Richmond, near Sugar Land, for 20 years and have quite a list of backyard birds. I'll put together an eBird report and let you know asap, what you're likely to see at your new home. There are some good parks to visit within easy traveling distance of Sugar Land - Brazos Bend State Park, Sugar Land Memorial Park and Cullinan Park, to name a few.

Here's a link to a BF Opus page for Brazos Bend:

http://www.birdforum.net/opus/Brazos_Bend_State_Park

Hope your move to Texas goes well!

HelenB

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back