• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moroccan moth (1 Viewer)

Andrew S

Kentish Mother
I took an impromptu photo of this ornate thing that seemed rather appropriate on the elaborately embroidered cushions in a coastal Moroccan restaurant.

On looking through my books it doesn't appear to be one we get in the UK (but may just have missed it...). Any Moroccan mothers out there?

Don't have an accurate size but it was quite small for a noctuid (not that I'm categorically saying that it's a noctuid!). Date was the end of March.

Andrew

Attachments

• Moroccan Moth.jpg
    Moroccan Moth.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 173
You could try a search on Oxycesta sp. Andrew. It's very similar to geographica the Defoliator Moth, so it could be of that ilk.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back