• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monsoon in California (2 Viewers)

Hi everyone, rain has finally come for the last 2 weeks with more coming. This should change us from golden brown to fluorescent green and pick up the birding. Just before the rain I manage to watch a Redtail catch breakfast again. This is becoming a habit with my new scope. Difficult with a tripod like other scopes but simple with my handheld 16 x 80mm.
I am looking for a spectacular spring with bird and wildlife galore. The condor is still on my list once the weather breaks and can get to the Pinnacles. Anyone want to join me give a holler. Good Birding Birdbrain14

Hi everyone, rain has finally come for the last 2 weeks with more coming. This should change us from golden brown to fluorescent green and pick up the birding. Just before the rain I manage to watch a Redtail catch breakfast again. This is becoming a habit with my new scope. Difficult with a tripod like other scopes but simple with my handheld 16 x 80mm.
I am looking for a spectacular spring with bird and wildlife galore. The condor is still on my list once the weather breaks and can get to the Pinnacles. Anyone want to join me give a holler. Good Birding Birdbrain14
Glad to hear California is getting some rain! More forecast into next week... The BBC is saying that there are mudslides where the forest fires were, floods etc., and that it will take several years of rain to counteract the last 2 decades of drought.. jeepers. I'll be revisiting again one day, and the Condors at the Pinnacles will be a priority. Then i'll probably keep on heading north and follow the Spring all the way to the Washington/Idaho Rockies... :)
Have a great visit.

Glad to hear California is getting some rain! More forecast into next week... The BBC is saying that there are mudslides where the forest fires were, floods etc., and that it will take several years of rain to counteract the last 2 decades of drought.. jeepers. I'll be revisiting again one day, and the Condors at the Pinnacles will be a priority. Then i'll probably keep on heading north and follow the Spring all the way to the Washington/Idaho Rockies... :)
Have a great visit.
It's making headlines. When it rains it pours may have originated in California. We have been in drought for 10 years or so. Last year we barely got what we need in 2 or 3 storms. This time, the whole year in 1 month. This looks like typical El Nino, wet and warm that hasn't hasn't happened the last few times. We R in La Nina instead. No wonder the migrations R haywire. Wherever U go, Njoy the view. Birdbrain14

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back