• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Maven in the UK? (1 Viewer)

Will K

Too well-known member
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a good way to field test Maven equipment in the UK?

Because they sell directly to customers via their website, it’s impossible to find their models in the shops, and I’d never buy anything without trying it first.

I know they offer a trial period, where you can send it back for a full refund if you’re not happy with it, but I’d rather not go to the trouble of shipping things back and forth across the Atlantic (for several obvious reasons).

I’m particularly interested in checking out their B line and the spotting scope.

Thanks!

A few models are sometimes available through Amazon UK and shipped by Amazon so you wouldn't have to send them to the US. But it's only 3 models currently. The only one from the B-line is the 10x42. No scopes I'm afraid.
Thanks. I’m quite surprised Amazon have them, actually (it’s not quite in tune with Maven’s business philosophy), but it’s still not really what I’m after. Trying them in a showroom, and comparing model to model would be much better. Plus I’d rather not give Amazon any more money!

I am not aware of any physical shops in the UK that stock Maven. There are UK/EU resellers that offer Maven that would make returns and custom clearance process easier. Can't vouch for any of them.

Optics Trade are a well-known supplier.

Never heard of these folk before. Claim to be from Leicestershire but all the ip data points to the Shopify e-commerce platform so they could be anywhere on the planet!

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back