• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manitoba, Carman, Stephenfield and area (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Another off and on week for birding.
Seems most of the migration has passed through. bird population really dropped. The multitude of Dark Eyed Juncos is gone, saw but a few in the past week.
Hardly anything at Stephenfield, mind you the wind was pretty much gale force.
Today the first Brown Thrasher of the season put in an appearance at our feeders.
Yesterday while refilling feeders a Pine Siskin landed at the Nyjer seed feeder barely a foot away.
Two bulls have taken up residence along one of the paths I walk, thankfully the river is between me and them as I didn't like the way one of them was looking at me.

Carman and area sightings 22 April - 1 May

Mallard
Robin (numerous)
Goldfinch
House Finch
Pine Siskin
Northern Flicker
White Breasted Nuthatch
Belted Kingfisher
Ruby Crowned Kinglet (haven't seen any for 3 or 4 days now)
Wood Duck
Song Sparrow
Black Capped Chickadee
White Throated Sparrow
Yellow Rumped Warbler
Dark Eyed Junco (Very few now)
Common Grackle
Purple Finch
Chipping Sparrow
Blue Jay
Canada Geese
Downy woodpecker
Crow
Hermit Thrush
Mourning Dove
Brown Thrasher

Stephenfield 27 April

Mourning dove
Crow
Robin Blue Jay
Red Wing Blackbird
Canvas Back
Canada Geese

A very windy day, didn't see any birds flying against the wind.
There were more waterfowl further out on the lake but wind prevented us from getting any usable pictures to identify them.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back