• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Malaysia (1 Viewer)

the flyer

Imm going out to Malaysia in February

Ive been this year but found it very hot and not knowing

the good places to go

Be gratful for any advice

Paul :flyaway: :flyaway:

Hi Paul,

How long do you intend in visiting Malaysia for? Frasers Hill would be excellent in February, only two hours from Kuala Lumpur, plenty of winter migrants and the resident birds would still be around. slightly cooler too as its a hill station. Taman Negara is an obvious choice, and offers some of the finest birding southeast Asia has to offer. Kuala Selangor is another you can spend a day or two, this is different to the other sites as its a coastal site, excellent for wintering and passing shorebirds.

If you would like, PM me or e-mail me on jameseaton 'AT' birdtourasia.com and I can offer some more advice.

All the best,

James

Jamesy has all the gen Flyer

Kuala Selangor might be worth a visit if you want to see Mangrove Pitta...

Fraser's Hill and Taman Negara would be a wonderful trip with some excellent SE Asian birding to be had

Tim

the flyer said:
Imm going out to Malaysia in February

Ive been this year but found it very hot and not knowing

the good places to go

Be gratful for any advice

Paul :flyaway: :flyaway:
The Panti area, near Johor Bahru is also well worth visiting or it was when I was last there in 98. It may not still be in print but A birdwtchers guide to Malaysia by John Bransbury covers most of the sites. Though not Panti.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back