• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Macro + P&S cameras? (2 Viewers)

TheBirdGarden

I don't have the money
Being the skivvy I am I do not tend to spend much on the way of wildlife photography.

At this very moment I am using a macro lens from ebay, from hong kong that cost me £20 (rounded up) and this can give me acceptable results (see attached below) but I have always wanted to see more, dive into the invertebrate world and am wondering if this would be possible with anything being better than what I have now that works with my little Nikon P5100.

I have come across the Raynox DCR-250 but it sounds too good to able to fit on my nikon.

I have a Jackar universal adapter, which is a 37mm thread, I also have the Nikon UR-E20 which erm..I can't find the thread size for it. I am wondering from all you knowledgeable types out there if you have come across something I haven't

Thanks in advance if this post isn't completely moronic

Attachments

• DSCN0581.JPG
    DSCN0581.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Fly 002N.jpg
    Fly 002N.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 94
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back