• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lulea (1 Viewer)

sonning

I have to go to Lulea University Nov 5/6/7. It's about 100 south of the arctic circle in NE Sweden! Anyone got any experience of the area or tips for some quick ticks?
S

Hi Sonning

There's some info here on Opus to get you started until someone comes along with more ideas for you

HTH

D

Hello,

I do not know the area extremely well, but there are some areas an hour or so away (around the city of Boden) where you can find woodland species (Black Grouse, Capercaille, Siberian Jay, Ural Owl, Great Grey Owl etc.). However, it takes a lot of patience and a lot of luck, so it certainly does not qualify as "quick ticks". If you have a full day, a good map and access to a car it could be worthwhile. Let me know and I will try to give some descriptions on how you find the areas.

In Luleå there are two wetland areas, Gammelstadsviken and Persofjarden, that are good during migration. November may be a bit late though.

Rgds
Gabriel

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back