• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Long Island: May to July (1 Viewer)

pbst39

Hello,

I am sure that out of town birders ask these kinds of questions all the time but I will be spending an extended period of time in the West Babylon area of Long Island in the late spring and summer and have a lot of time set aside for birding. I spent some time there in the winter and thoroughly enjoyed my time birding in New York and am eager to catch up with some of the summer birds.

I have been keeping an eye on libirding dot com for a while now and have a birding friend up there so have some good ideas of where to go but I was wondering if people on here had any more advice.

Are there any reliable places nearby to see Saltmarsh and Nelson's Sharptailed Sparrows and Seaside Sparrows?

Where would I be mostly likely to see species like American Bittern and Black Billed Cuckoo?

Any other information on local specialties would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back