• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lincolnshire Slavonian Grebe (1 Viewer)

chris3871

Explorer Extraordinaire
Does anyone have any information on the Slavonian Grebe at Barton-Upon-Humber Pits?Any help would be greatly appreciated. All I know is the very basics the free version of Birdguides gives me, just the time really (today at quarter to two or something like). I was thinking of visiting Far Ings tomorrow and I wondered if it was worth calling in to see if it is still there.

Also, which pits exactly are the ones called Barton pits? Those immediately to the East of the bridge?

Thankyou in advance for any help!

The Firecrest said:
Try asking here....

Wrong pits, Jyothi. Josh's patch is miles away in South Lincs.

Chris, I believe it is the pits to the east of the bridge that are referred but it is not consistent, and I have even seen the pits of the Far Ings reserve well to the west referred to as Barton-upon-Humber Pits.

There is surprisingly no mention of this bird here: http://www.lincsbirdclub.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=3 and it has not been reported yet today. I may go and see it this week if it is reported again or if someone can confirm it is still around. Sorry I missed this post today - I may do a Far Ings / Worlaby / Alkborough trip this week so please let me know if you checked and saw it or not.

Thanks,
Graham

bitterntwisted said:
Wrong pits, Jyothi. Josh's patch is miles away in South Lincs.

Chris, I believe it is the pits to the east of the bridge that are referred but it is not consistent, and I have even seen the pits of the Far Ings reserve well to the west referred to as Barton-upon-Humber Pits.

There is surprisingly no mention of this bird here: http://www.lincsbirdclub.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=3 and it has not been reported yet today. I may go and see it this week if it is reported again or if someone can confirm it is still around. Sorry I missed this post today - I may do a Far Ings / Worlaby / Alkborough trip this week so please let me know if you checked and saw it or not.

Thanks,
Graham

Thanks guys.
Decided to play it safe and headed to Blacktoft today. Rewarded with good views of Marsh and Hen Harriers. That said, I do intend a visit to Far Ings in the very near future in search of Beardies so i'll probably wind up at Barton looking for that Slav yet.

I think it'll be worth calling in at Far Ings and asking the warden about it if the visitors centre is open. Alternatively, try asking at Water's edge?
If I find out anymore i'll let you know, Graham.

Cheers,

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back