• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lesvos 1-15 May 2023 (1 Viewer)

Nice report, thx vor the good read. We might go to Lesvos to do some herping in like one or two years or so. Did you by any chance come across an Ottoman Viper (Montivipera xanthina) in one of your numerous visits? Or any other snakes (or herps in gerneral)? Would love to hear about it and see some pictures if you did :):)

Nice report, thx vor the good read. We might go to Lesvos to do some herping in like one or two years or so. Did you by any chance come across an Ottoman Viper (Montivipera xanthina) in one of your numerous visits? Or any other snakes (or herps in gerneral)? Would love to hear about it and see some pictures if you did :):)
I have seen an Ottoman Viper once in 2017, while walking in a valley just south of the village of Napi. Also in 2017 I saw a Caspian Whipsnake on the road near Faneromeni and a couple of times I saw a Dice Snake. The picture was taken at the Kalloni Pool in Skala Kallonis.

Attachments

• Ottoman Viper.jpg
    Ottoman Viper.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Dice Snake.jpg
    Dice Snake.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Caspian Whipsnake.jpg
    Caspian Whipsnake.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 19
I have seen an Ottoman Viper once in 2017, while walking in a valley just south of the village of Napi. Also in 2017 I saw a Caspian Whipsnake on the road near Faneromeni and a couple of times I saw a Dice Snake. The picture was taken at the Kalloni Pool in Skala Kallonis.
Really nice pictures, thanks for sharing 🤩🤩 the picture of the Dice Snake is a Grass Snake (Natrix natrix) though 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back