• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kentish Plover split (1 Viewer)

Not too sure about that, the Birds of the World data suggests KP winters in SE Asia but makes no mention of migrants to S India or Sri Lanka. The e-bird data show more widespread distribution but don't distinguish taxa. Be interested to hear how widely seebohmi does disperse, I was quite taken by how distinct they were in Sri Lanka where I saw no other taxa in this group.

Not too sure about that, the Birds of the World data suggests KP winters in SE Asia but makes no mention of migrants to S India or Sri Lanka. The e-bird data show more widespread distribution but don't distinguish taxa. Be interested to hear how widely seebohmi does disperse, I was quite taken by how distinct they were in Sri Lanka where I saw no other taxa in this group.
Actually some records in eBird do distinguish taxa, although most don't. FWIW, there are more for seebohmi than the other ssp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back