• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

It's a Fulham thing (1 Viewer)

Found some Canada Geese with very young goslings at lunchtime, whichis nice. Don't normally find a nest round here and there is potential for Egyptian Geese to do the same in that area. Cracking.

Larger pics on the blog for those that like little balls of yellow fluff in peril

Attachments

• IMG_7571a.JPG
    IMG_7571a.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Lunchtime today brought a couple of Common Terns and a singing Chiffchaff - not a year tick due to the overwintering bird(s) but welcome nontheless.

There was also a scientist! Young lad doing PhD research into heavy metals, mitten crabs, shrimps and stuff in the Thames. Might even be after some info on the birds in the area.

Hopefully he'll send me the results when published, should make for interesting reading.

MEGA! Collared Dove! Honestly, round here that is a mega. Found today. Just one, but thats 57 for the year now.

Also, there are now two families of Canada Goose, and a family of Greylag. All the goslings are a little big for Herons now, so hopefully they will stick about for a while...

Are collared doves a rarity in London as a whole? Have to say, can't say that I ever see any.

Not at all! In the Greater London area they are not that hard to find, but it seems that the closer you get to Charing Cross, the harder it is to find them. I reckon that Fulham is right on the edge of the area that they can be found.

Fledglings starting to emerge round here now, Canada and Greylag geese, noisy Great Tits, Blue Tits and Pigeons (but obviously not coots).

Found the Grey Wagtail nest yesterday, which is very nice. Hope to get some pictures later on, which I may or may not post;)

A remarkable 9 (nine) Egyptian Geese on the river this morning (my usual count is 3).

The beginning of an invasion?

Shopping trolley update

The shopping trolley coots have built a nest that may be able to withstand the highest tide. Note that I say 'may'. Its the biggest nest I have seen on this site, so there is a small chance that breeding may succeed.

Attachments

• IMG_9118a.JPG
    IMG_9118a.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 43
Yep, 4th go by my reckoning this year, and guess what I found today?

The whole top section washed away. My guess is that the high tide just picked the un-anchored vegetation up and off it went.

Wandle 4 - Coots 0.

A brief visit to the riverbank this morning brought a Common Sandpiper - that's two waders in a week folks - unheard of for this patch!B :)

Believe it or not, the coots are at it yet again! Found them sitting on eggs again today!

Will put some pics on the blog in the morning.

5th nest this year. Mental.

Hey up Thingy, after nearly six years a pair of Coots turned up at work a couple of months ago and they've now got three young. Not bad for a first effort.

Six years to get a Coot on the old list, sad or what!

Andy.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back