• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this a Turkey Vulture? (1 Viewer)

DivineLaw

United States
This was in our local pond with a bunch of Canadian Geese. It did not make any noise and it let me come right up to it. It was the only one hanging with the geese.

Is this a Turkey Vulture?

I am located in Sacramento, California (USA)

Thanks!
Divine

Attachments

• IMG_1814.jpeg
    IMG_1814.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1813.jpeg
    IMG_1813.jpeg
    862.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1812.jpeg
    IMG_1812.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
I was reading about them. I’m wondering if someone dropped it off since they aren’t naturally in the wild here. Sounds like they don’t do well on their own. This one is huge too. He’s hanging with the mallards and Canadian Geese. Hoping he will be fine. Thanks. I love birds ❤️

I was reading about them. I’m wondering if someone dropped it off since they aren’t naturally in the wild here. Sounds like they don’t do well on their own. This one is huge too. He’s hanging with the mallards and Canadian Geese. Hoping he will be fine. Thanks. I love birds ❤️
It's very possible this is a dumped pet. It's also possible they are an established introduced species in the area, there's lots of local established populations that are undocumented due to a general lack of interest in this species by most birders.

It's very possible this is a dumped pet. It's also possible they are an established introduced species in the area, there's lots of local established populations that are undocumented due to a general lack of interest in this species by most birders.
Thanks…. I’ll just keep walking by and saying hello to him 😊 sending love to all the birds out there! Have a great day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back