• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Interesting story about Audubon 828's (1 Viewer)

Mikbul

Mikbul
I found a pair on the net but all the description said was Swift binoculars like new in case with caps? The only photo was the top of the roofs with the yardage, Audubon was covered up but I knew what they were when I saw 332' @ 1000 yards! 828's! and for $150.00! I believe she wanted them to go to someone who knew what they were and would appreciate them. She even included a thank you enjoy card! Here's a photo from the ad and some photos of the binos.

Attachments

• 828-4.jpg
    828-4.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 828-1.jpg
    828-1.jpg
    852.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 828-2.jpg
    828-2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 828-3.JPG
    828-3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5201.jpg
    IMG_5201.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5202.jpg
    IMG_5202.jpg
    800.9 KB · Views: 30
I found a pair on the net but all the description said was Swift binoculars like new in case with caps? The only photo was the top of the roofs with the yardage, Audubon was covered up but I knew what they were when I saw 332' @ 1000 yards! 828's! and for $150.00! I believe she wanted them to go to someone who knew what they were and would appreciate them. She even included a thank you enjoy card! Here's a photo from the ad and some photos of the binos.
Took them outside and checked collimation etc. all good! Nice sharp image but smaller FOV than my HR5's.

Hello,

Yes, 6.5º versus more than 8º.

Stay safe,
Arthur
With leaves against a white sky the 828's showed slight C/A on the leaf edges where the 804's showed none. I had my friends 804a's on hand as well and they also showed no C/A but the better coatings on my HR5's (804b's) won out in no glare from the sky. (Slight ring of glare in the 804a's) I didn't try the 7X42 Ultra lites but I assume with their better coatings the only thing they would give up is FOV.

Last edited:
With leaves against a white sky the 828's showed slight C/A on the leaf edges where the 804's showed none. I had my friends 804a's on hand as well and they also showed no C/A but the better coatings on my HR5's (804b's) won out in no glare from the sky. (Slight ring of glare in the 804a's) I didn't try the 7X42 Ultra lites but I assume with their better coatings the only thing they would give up is FOV.
Took the 828's out to look at the stars last night and they were pinpoint and the colors were the best I've seen in a binocular! They will officially be my Astronomy binos! (waterproof to boot!)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back