• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Information Required for the Puglia Region (2 Viewers)

Kernow Pete

Kernow Pete
Hello fellow birders. I was hoping somebody in the birding community could help me? I am visiting Puglia in Southern Italy next month and would love some information and suggestions for places to visit and birdwatch. I love raptors and wildfowl so would really like to visit a marshy area but would also like to see and hear some passerines as well. I look forward to any replys. Kind regards Pete :t:

Hello Pete,
can't help really... it's a beautiful region I don't know much of (almost a thousand kms away from my home :eek!:)... I will provide here a few links, but I think your best bet is getting in touch with some local BW association (EBN springs to mind; here's a link to the apulian section with contact information) ...

Apulia's Checklist

A Birdwatcher's guide to Italy

A list of parks, reserves and protected areas

Finally here's a link to a previous thread from last year, with good contact info ...

Regards,
Max

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back