• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Information required for Rhodes (1 Viewer)

DenBee

Hi Fellow Birders.
I am off to Sunny Rhodes this weekend for the first time, and would like any information on where I might find the best sites, or if any one has been there recently is there anything of interest at the moment.

Denbee ( Co Durham )

Last edited:
Check out this list from a late spring trip in 2000 if you like. The pics are poor camcorder stills but there is one of the 6th Demoiselle Crane for Greece ;)
http://www.brian.stone.care4free.net/rhodes/list.htm

I thought it was excellent for birds even though this was a family holiday with no intensive birding and I forgot to check out a site for Cyprus Pied Wheatear (Oenanthe cypriaca). This was at a quarry near Kalithea. Does anyone know if they are still there?

Thoroughly recommend Karwin's report.

Great List tro work on

Brian.
Thanks for your excellent list, it gives me a challenge to try and match your sightings, some how I think I will have a job on my hands as I will have three none birders in tow for the first week so will have to be going some the second.
I will try and post my list on my return on the 10th September.

" WATCH THIS SPACE "

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back